Tuesday 30 January 2007

Plates and Faces

Is my face a plate?

I checked my face for stains of carrot. No stains. I checked my face for fork and knife scars. One scar above my right eye; however I remember running into a ladder when I was seven. I checked my face for flatness. Not flat, quite a prominent nose actually.

Conclusion - no

Does my face look like a plate?

I showed my dinner card to the security guard, “good morning”, he said and opened the door. I asked a man in the lift (who I knew and he knew me but he did not realise that I knew him) if I looked like a plate, knife or fork. He did not answer…..stared….I imagined that he did not want to create offence.

Conclusion – yes

Advantage – camouflage in the homeware section of department stores.
Disadvantage – removal from restaurant tables

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the comments page comes up in Japanese on my PC. OK, the characters in the first box say "Namae" (name) so let's see if I can work it out...

Anonymous said...

Hooray, it works! Dropped by to say hello and that yr blog is "omoshiroi".

Cat, I've linked you on my blog. I don't have your email, but the hairy one has my blog link if you want to check it out.

And no, you don't have a plate face. At least you didn't when I saw you last.

Anonymous said...

I showed the guard the blank side of my pass today. He did not let me in. I was reassured to know that I do not have a square rectangular face.

Cat said...

Hi mandrew, I have been in a dishwasher for a week. Now I am free and have a computer I will be able to read about your Japanese antics.

Oh, by the way...I can't help thinking that it was your fault the waiter in the restaurant put me in his dishwasher.