Friday 12 January 2007

Ping-Pong and Table-Tantrums

The topic of Ping-Pong arising twice in two days – I can’t remember talking about Ping-Pong before so twice in two days has been total excitement. What do you associate with Ping-Pong (word association game mustn’t pause, mustn’t blur, mustn’t repeat... say hi to the camera, hi to Magic, hi to the viewers at home)? FAST…yes, that was the first word I thought, the second time and the first time it was mentioned.

It’s Thursday now, and I will say it myself “Ping Pong”, word association, “no thanks”. Oh dear, I lose. I don’t think two words are allowed. Where’s the mallet? Ow, not the hammer, the mallet! Or Timmy Mallet (I pass a man everyday on the way to work who looks like he could be Timmy Mallet’s son. It is weird, he passes me even when I am late).

Wednesday night and two and a half hours after we ordered our meal, and the departure of everybody else in the restaurant, our final two dim sum dishes hadn’t arrived. We asked for the bill and cancelled the order. The waitress apologised and offered us £5 off the bill for poor service before adding the service charge.

Average dim sum and poor service…stay home and brush up on your Ping-Pong skills.

Restaurant avoidance recommendation: Ping Pong, Goodge Street

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To be honest, and without meaning to lower the tone, the first word I thought of when Ping Pong was mentioned was "minge" after those oh-so-talented ladies who can do wonderful things with ping pong balls.

Actually, I'm lying needlessly: the first word I thought of to do with Ping Pong was "XBox 360" because there is apparently a rather fine table tennis simulator for that console. However, I didn't want to seem like a geek, so I wrote on your blog on Friday night instead.