Monday 19 February 2007

London Underground: learn to be silent

“Please mind the gap”. For two years I wondered where the gap was. Sure, I could see a gap, but not big enough for me to fall down (note to reader, I am not big nor small...I would say of average size). Then I ventured further than the sixteen stops on the Victoria line and decided that the announcement wasn’t so useless after all. There are gaps big enough for Manual Uribe Garza to fall down and if you are not use to seeing them, you could be a goner.

“Please report all unattended items”. This is fair enough advice. Though I did see a carrier bag full of chips on the tube one Sunday morning and I spent the whole time praying that it would not be reported and I would not be delayed.

But…

“Please take care when walking down the escalator”. What! What else am I going to do? Throw myself down? Try my best to fall? Suddenly decide that this would be an effective way of committing suicide? Nah, I don’t think so.



And, before you say anything....I was being careful when I tripped and caught my hair in the bottom moving step.

2 comments:

Matthew Phelps said...

You seem like the kind of person who uses a Mac.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.