Wednesday 7 February 2007

Holiday Snippet 2

At the Palai Salaam (set inside the walls of Taroudant) the lunching never seen a blackman David Bowie chicken head look-alike part time jeweller turned beer taster sat by the pool writing post cards while her obedient and fearful husband read his computer programming monthly. She noticed a pigeon flying into the swimming pool and exclaimed,

“Oh, David look, the pigeon thinks it is Jesus!”

How stupid am I to think that it was just thirsty.



The scenery in Morocco was amazing. We drove to the Tizi-n-Test pass over the high Atlas Mountains with Said, our guide from Naturally Morocco, and the Vicar. Thank God for the Vicar, without him we would have had no chance conversing with the family in the Berber village that invited us into their house for mint tea.

After visiting the house and seeing lots of animals (cows, cats, donkeys, turkeys and chickens) and an olive press, we were running late and it was time to take a short cut over walls and through fields. The local girls that we passed on the way were amused by my headdress - I think I was wearing it in a rather unfashionable way. This wasn't surprising considering a man not much younger than my dad taught me how to put it on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holiday midget more like.

Matthew Phelps said...

Hi Cat. I'm still learning about the dishwasher thing.